Day or night. Patient or not. We're always here for you.
How to Clean Your Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign is a great option for orthodontic treatment. The aligners are practically invisible, they’re removable, and best of all, and you can eat any foods that you want. However, to get the most out of your experience with Invisalign, you have to take good care of your aligners and make sure you clean them properly. The South Texas Orthodontics team has created a comprehensive list of the biggest do’s and don’ts when it comes to taking care of and cleaning your Invisalign aligners.
- Brush and floss your teeth before putting your aligners back on. If your Invisalign traps food and bacteria between your teeth and your aligners, your teeth can decay and develop cavities.
- Rinse your aligners in water whenever you remove them so that bacteria does not build up in inside and soak your aligners with cleaning crystals to make sure you don’t get stains on them.
- Keep your aligners in a container when you don’t have them on so that they are protected from damage.
- Eat or drink while you have your aligners in. This will lead to discoloration and foul smells.
- Use toothpaste to clean your aligners. Toothpaste can be harsh for your aligners and eventually dull them.
- Place your Invisalign aligners near a heat source. This can misshape the plastic material and ruin the personalized form of your aligners.
- Vigorously brush your aligners. Rough brushes or aggressive brushing can leave scratches on your Invisalign aligners that allow more space for bacteria to grow.
Interested in Invisalign? Contact Us!
Our orthodontists at South Texas Orthodontics are premier providers of Invisalign. Contact us today and we can answer any further questions you may have about Invisalign aligners. If you’re looking for Invisalign treatment, visit one of our convenient locations in the San Antonio and Schertz areas. We can’t wait to help you achieve the smile of your dreams.