Day or night. Patient or not. We're always here for you.
At South Texas Orthodontics, we know that it can be challenging to find a dentist in San Antonio by insurance. Our team is committed to helping you find the right solutions for your dental care needs. We will work with you to answer all your questions. Our dental practice offers proven answers to all your questions about dental insurance in our area, including, “Which dentist takes my insurance?” and “Can you show me how to use my dental insurance with a dentist in San Antonio?” The dental professionals at South Texas Orthodontics will provide you with the guidance and support you need to protect the dental health of yourself and your family.
Can I Find a Dentist Near Me Who Accepts My Insurance?
Many of our patients come to our office after asking friends and family, “How can I find a dentist near me who accepts my insurance?” We work with most dental plans and insurance companies to promote the best possible outcomes for you and your family. If you need to find a dentist in San Antonio by insurance, we are your best resource for accurate information and practical solutions for all types of dental care procedures in our area.
How Does Dental Insurance Work?
The way in which your dental plan works will depend on what type of insurance you have. Some dental plans offer across-the-board discounts for many of the most popular services provided in San Antonio. These dental discount plans are not actually insurance but can often reduce the cost of your dental procedures and routine care to a significant degree. PPO plans and HMO plans are the most common type of employer-sponsored or private dental insurance options.
HMO vs. PPO Insurance
Understanding the basic differences between HMO and PPO dental plans will allow you to make the best and most appropriate choices for your family’s dental health. Our team is here to answer your questions and to explain the differences between HMO and PPO dental plans:
- In general, HMO plans are more limiting in terms of the dentists you can choose. A dentist that accepts HMO insurance has agreed to accept a lower fee for patients referred through the dental plan. These dental insurance options typically cost less and may eliminate some copayments for patients in San Antonio.
- A dentist that accepts PPO insurance may be in-network or out-of-network. Patients and members of PPO plans will typically pay lower costs for in-network care than for dental procedures and services obtained from an out-of-network dentist. These plans typically feature deductibles that must be met before payments are made for most dental procedures. Additionally, a maximum benefit amount may be in place to limit the cost to the insurer on an annual basis.
Our dental practice staff is available to go over your insurance with you and help you determine which procedures will be covered and to what degree. If you have more specific questions, we suggest getting in touch with your provider.
Knowing the right questions to ask is an essential part of your search for the right dental plan. Some of the most important questions include the following:
- What is the best way to find a dentist that takes insurance?
- How much will my premiums be?
- Do I need preapproval or preauthorization for procedures?
- What coverage is available for cosmetic procedures or orthodontics?
- Are there limits on the number of dental appointments I can make for myself or my family in one year?
- Are copayments required for routine examinations?
- How much are the copayments for office visits?
By discussing these questions with your dental insurance company or with our office, you will achieve a better understanding of your coverage. This will often provide you with added help in determining the right approach to your dental plan and the right options for you and your family. Our team will be happy to work with you to determine the extent of your coverage and the best ways to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses to help you maintain your budget and the best health for your teeth.
The Best Way to Find a Dentist in San Antonio by Insurance
At South Texas Orthodontics, our administrative team has the proven experience and the knowledge of the dental insurance marketplace needed to make sure that your treatment is covered to the fullest extent possible. If you are looking for cosmetic treatments or orthodontics, you should know that most basic dental plans do not cover these treatment plans fully. By working with our team, however, you can access advanced payment options that can reduce the financial strain of these dental treatments and can help you stay within your budget.
To learn more about the full lineup of services offered by South Texas Orthodontics or to schedule an appointment with us, please give us a call at . Our team of dental professionals is here to serve you now and in the future.
Insurances We Accept
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield
- Connection Dental
- DNOA (Dental Network of America)
- Delta Dental Premier®
- FEP BlueDental
- Lincoln Financial
- Mutual of Omaha
- Sun Life Financial
- TriCare (Military)
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare